WHAT DO WE WANT TO ACCOMPLISH
- Increase the understanding of the anti mining struggle in El Salvador and strengthen international support for it.
- Motivate and inform the work of a diverse group of international activists who will be exposed first hand to the impacts of mining and the different actors who are opposing mining in El Salvador.
- To create direct ties between international participants and their Salvadoran counterparts.
- To strategically reinforce the work of the International Allies Coalition of and to increase coordination with the National Roundtable Against Metallic Mining (La Mesa)
- To look beyond ‘extractivism’ and start seeking for alternative development strategies for impoverished and vulnerable regions in El Salvador and other countries.